
A man was arrested Friday and charged in connection with the death of a Las Vegas woman last month, police said.
The Metropolitan Police Department said in a release that Oscar Perez, 40, was already in custody at Clark County Detention Center on unrelated charges before he was rebooked Friday and accused in the slaying of Lucy Robledo.
On July 9, police found Robledo, 41, lying on the sidewalk with “unknown facial injuries” in the 1200 block of North Eastern Avenue at 3:14 a.m. in the east Las Vegas Valley. She was pronounced dead at the scene. A medical investigator later identified what appeared to be a gunshot wound on her body.
Perez was charged with the following: one count of open murder; one count of conspiracy murder; one count of buying, possessing or receiving stolen property of $25,000 to $100,000; one count of owning or possessing a gun by a prohibited person; and one count of discharging a gun within a structure or vehicle within a prohibited area.
Contact Trevor Squire at tsquire@reviewjournal.com. Follow him at @trevordsquire on X.